Monday, March 5, 2012

Qi Gong

I did not expect this to be nearly as hard as it was. I thought the exercise would be similar to what we did early in the year- 18 minutes of silence. I didn't do as well at that as I had hoped then, so I wanted to try and improve with the meditation. Unfortunately, Qi Gong proved much more difficult.

I was almost immediately thrown off by the positions described in the tape. I found the sitting position uncomfortable and I wasn't sure where to put my hands and tongue. The physical aspect of meditation distracted me the entire time, and by the end I had given up on reaching a meditative state. I thought some of the imagery provided by the master was gorgeous and peaceful, but I couldn't focus on it.

Something I found interesting was the master/translator talking about naturally expressing sounds and movements you feel inside. I heard many sounds in my mind, but of course, I did not act on them. No one did. I think I would've felt uncomfortable letting myself go, or seeing anyone else do it. I have to wonder if it would be different trying this meditation completely alone. Maybe the presence of others struggling like me was what was really distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment